ABOUT MAKANI SANDS
Makani Sands Maui Vacation Rentals is an association of owners offering beachfront condominium vacation rentals on Maui near Ka'anapali. All of our 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartment condominiums are ocean front with unobstructed views to the neighbor islands. Save money by cooking in the fully stocked kitchens and use the 4 oceanfront BBQ grills.
We are centrally located in West Maui, 10 minutes North of Lahaina and 5 minutes south of Kapalua. We re close to shopping, award winning golf courses and restaurants offering every type of cuisine. Makani Sands is only steps away from the Whalers Village on the world famous Ka'anapali Beach, home of the Whale Museum, along with numerous shops, restaurants and art galleries.
- Fabulous Oceanfront Maui Condos
- Snorkel, Swim or Kayak in front of Condominium Rentals
- All of Our Spacious Ocean Front 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Maui Condos Features Roomy Lanais
- Opening to the Ocean for Gorgeous Sunsets and Amazing Whale Watching.
- Each Condo has a Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Washers and Dryers in All Units
- Elevator for Easy Access to Second Third Floors
- FREE Parking
- Cable TV and Wi-Fi and many individual amenities
- Stay together at one venue for Family Reunions on Maui
- Snorkel, Swim or Kayak right out front!
- Makani Sands right on our own Sandy Beach!
- Makani Sands is your ‘Home away from home’ vacation spot on Maui
- Non Smoking Facility. Smoking allowed only in designated smoking area
Our Condo vs. a Maui Hotel...
Benefits of staying in our condos instead of a hotel:
- More space - Our spacious condos give you more room to spread out, especially helpful for families traveling with children.
- There is a private BBQ area located on the ocean, return to your private lanai in your condo and enjoy your meal outside on the ocean.
- Price - Condos at Makani Sands, Maui, cost less per night than most Maui hotels.
- Condo grounds - Smaller property allows you to enjoy your vacation without a large amount of people. Pool lounge chairs are available. Quiet hours enable you to have a restful quiet vacation.
- Sleep in - If you like to sleep in and your partner doesn't, they can go to another room and not disturb you.
Why Makani Sands??
- We are a small quiet complex that gives you the feel of Maui. It is not a large resort with a lot of people. You can actually hear the ocean, smell the ﬂowers, and truly relax on your vacation.
- Sunsets are special at Makani Sands. Get to know fellow guests while enjoying your favorite beverage at the end of a perfect day. No two sunsets are alike. See turtles swimming in front of you while sailboats and the islands of Lanai and Molokai frame one of the most beautiful natural sights you will ever see. No two sunsets are the same.
- No need to drive. You can walk to bars, restaurants, and stores. There is even a farmers market three days a week. Get to know the island.
- Multi Unit Discounts
- Order Gift Baskets
- Military Discounts
Contact us directly for further details
Rental Car Referrals
:: click here to book your baby rentals
Maui Seasonal Weather (average)
- Highs: 82 f - 28 c / Lows: 65 f - 19 c
- Highs: 88 f - 31 c / Lows: 68 f - 21 c
- Highs: 87 f - 30 c / Lows: 70 f - 20 c
- Highs: 81 f - 27 c / Lows: 63 f - 18 c
""I loved every minute I stayed at Makani Sands. The unit was spotless and cheery. The view with the breaching whales outstanding. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The condo is within walking
distance to stores, eating places, and the beach. I loved it all and will return!"
"What a wonderful location for our Maui vacation! The condo is in a great area to whale watch and close enough to get to restaurants and beaches. Very clean and comfortable condo, it had everything we needed for our time in Maui."
"We have stayed at Makani Sands every year for the past 28 years. We always stay over the New Years holiday and into early February. Some years we have also stayed in the summer or fall. We love being right on the ocean for
the view, watching the whales, turtles and hearing the ocean sounds... We see the same people each year from different states and Canada. These people are our “Maui family”. We look forward to seeing them and spending time together."
Marjorie & Victor L.
"Makani Sands is the best. Wow the view of the whales are amazing.
Staff is friendly, helpful. The heated pool is wonderful. We can’t wait to return in 2023!"